London Mutual’s partnership with the Ministry of Defence (trading as Forces Finance) ensures that as a serving member of the Armed Forces, you can contribute directly from your salary or pension into your Credit Union savings account.
This exclusive financial well-being facility has been designed to ensure convenience in making regular and sustained contributions to your savings. By scheduling a certain amount each month, we help you in goal setting and planning for the future. We are well aware of sudden expense shocks, the temptation to spend and/or budgeting challenges that limit the ability to save easily and that’s why we give you the flexibility to save within your means. The amount you save each month doesn’t have to be fixed- you can increase or decrease it to match your future needs.
- Flexible, safe savings: Save as much or as little directly from salary Change monthly contributions flexibly
- Straightforward Current Account: Pay bills via Direct Debit or Standing Orders Get a MasterCard/Debit card
- Loans up to £25,000: Repay loan directly from salary
- Instant payday loans: Pay over 1, 2 or 3 months.
- Holiday / Christmas accounts: Contributions to a holiday account and Christmas account can also be made via your salary. Sign up for online services and set it up by sending a secure message.
- Online, Mobile, SMS banking: Track your finances through LMCU App You can do a lot with our internet banking!
You are eligible to qualify for this exclusive staff benefit if you are
- A serving member of the British Armed Forces- The Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force
- Receiving a pension as a result of being employed as a member of the British Armed Forces
- A serving member of the Royal Navy Reserves, Army Reserves, Royal Marine Reserves, Royal Air Force Reserves or Special Forces Reserves
Join London Mutual Credit Union
To take advantage of your staff benefit scheme, please join London Mutual via our online registration. Click here to go to the online membership page.
Before we can open an account for you, we need to verify your identity and address. We can do this online if you authorise us to do so.
Simply complete the application form online and select the service that you’re a part of. Don’t forget to complete the payroll deduction part of the application and the amount you want to be deducted and saved every month. We will do the rest. Remember that you can change this amount simply by sending us an email or a secure message through our online services.
You can access your account from wherever you are. All our services can be accessed on the go! A good online banking service and mobile technology will help you keep track of your finance 24/7. The mobile App is free for you to download (search for “LMCU”). Here’s what you can do with the LMCU App.